Wefatherm is an Aliaxis company, the global leader in the manufacturing and distribution of fluid handling solutions. Wefatherm is the brand within Aliaxis focusing on specialist water supply systems consisting of extruded pipes and fittings in buildings. For over 25 years Wefatherm water supply systems have been used in applications with high requirements for durability and reliability. Wefatherm provides water supply systems that meet the highest German standards of quality.
Wefatherm is located in Wunstorf, Germany. Wefatherm’s hot & cold water supply systems are well established in China. Wefatherm wants to take advantage on the constant growing development of building projects in this region.
We are therefore recruiting an
Area Sales Manager China & Far East (m/f/d)
who enjoys developing new prospects and interacting with existing customers as well as developing new distribution networks and long-term partnerships.
You strive for friendly and professional relationships with clients and always ensure a prompt and reliable service in the area of responsibility. You will be a key contributor to the overall growth of Wefatherm products in China and Far East and undertake frequent travels into the region. You will report directly to the Sales & Business Management of Wefatherm.
Major tasks and responsibilities
- Build up a professional business relation with existing customers by providing support for all of their projects with regards to water supply systems
- Extend the existing sales network across China and other countries in Far East Asia
- Build a network of contacts (mechanical engineers, consultants, associations, Standards institutes, distributors)
- Prepare sales quotations in line with the company pricing policy
- Liaise with local/regional distributors regarding different projects
- Organize follow-up visits to consultants and contractors, weekly report in writing about sales activities, the status of pending projects and achievements
- Update sales forecasts on a monthly basis to ensure availability of products
- Report all relevant market information collected during sales meetings concerning
- competition, projects and prices
- Participate in determining sales objectives and budgets, ensure that sales targets are met or exceeded in the area of responsibility
- Propose new products developments and suggest improvements whenever the opportunity arises
- Act as owner of key initiatives
- Engage in customer feedback loops to ensure product-market fit
- Develop the business with support from local management
- Support local teams by organizing training sessions and/or sharing knowledge (via document exchange platforms, conferences calls, etc.)
- Engineering degree or Business degree with technical affinity
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in sales of building materials (piping systems as drainage and water supply plastic pipe (PE, PPR, PVC) systems)
- Experience in business development, sales and project management, preferred in Asia
- Enthusiastic character with excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience in mechanical engineering and/or piping systems, for (high-rise) buildings is a plus
- Fluent English language skills (written and spoken), Chinese language skills would be a plus
- Effective selling and negotiation skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Positive thinker with ‘Can do’-attitude and make it happen mind-set
- Proven track record of building up new or existing markets with double digit growth rates
- Rigorous in execution, results driven; demonstrated strength in problem solvin.
- Able to adapt quickly to a constantly changing environment
- Excellent strategic thinking skills combined with strong critical thinking skills
- Able to work under complexity and uncertainty
- Able to build and maintain true partnership within teams and different departments
- Key to success for this role will be to identify the vast Asian potential for quality products “Made in Germany” and the ability to define a segmentation strategy to capture the potential – in existing as well as new markets
Benefits – what we offer you
- Competitive salary with a variable bonus
- A company car also for private use
- Flexible working hours
- Flat hierachies and space for individuality
When do you start? As soon as possible.
Ready for a change? Please send your application.